Sunday 13 May 2012

Music To Our Ears

(by Rishi Thaker)

So here we are with my final blog before the hotly anticipated Cannes experience. A number of things have happened since the last blog which include printing, packing, e-mailing, letter writing, phone calling, networking, amongst a host of other items necessary to push Stickmen Pictures ever further. However the most important thing has been the official completion of ‘Slaughter is the Best Medicine’. It has been a whirlwind of a ride and an exercise in utter focus to have got to this place and Dan & Baldy deserve a lot of credit in finishing off this film in time for Cannes. We are now equipped and ready thanks to these boys.

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
When I think of the excitement that accompanies my every thought in relation to ‘Slaughter’ I examine the various elements of what makes the movie different to everything else I have seen. I ask myself what is so good about this film? The camera work, the sound, the acting, the plot, the homage, the characters, the incidents, the special FX, the locations, the costumes or the music??? It is a combination of all of this and that’s why I think there has been high acclaim by most who have seen it.

Encypher
One thing I haven’t really touched on in previous blogs has been the music. We have been fortunate enough to have received the whole score by Jeff Seyler, a great friend of mine who I met at University (you were right Dad, it was worth going to Uni after all!). Jeff is one of the 8 people that makes up the Luxembourg population and has music rooted deep within his blood. He originates from a heavier side of rock evidenced in his history of band activities (previously ‘Fluyd’ the band ‘Evanescence’ could have been) and now the awesome ‘Encypher’ (check them out on www.myspace.com/encypherband, he’s the lead singer). Jeff has a wonderful talent for understanding an individual musically and then suggesting new music that they would 100% enjoy. I credit him with one of the main reasons why I drifted towards the heavy metal side of music in my youth. On ‘Slaughter’ Jeff put a lot of effort into understanding the themes of the film from which he created a masterpiece. He did this all from Luxembourg so we didn’t actually physically meet during this whole process which demonstrates how much talent that man actually has. I can’t wait for you all to see the film now, as I know you will all agree when you get a chance to sample!

Well there we have it. The next time I blog it will be after an event that we have all been working tirelessly towards. I am thankful to all of you who have contributed your time and energy in getting us here. I am sure I will have great news for you on the other side. See you all soon!

Rishi

No comments:

Post a Comment